Player Life-Cycle Management
Unified Bonus Management
Omega uses an integrated set of methodologies that have a track record of ensuring project success. At the heart of our methodologies are the following core beliefs:
- Build for long-term operations manageability. Helps to significantly lower the long-term total cost of ownership and operation
- Develop software iteratively. Assists to significantly lower its long-term total cost of ownership and operation compared to existing applications
- Develop a common framework, utilities, and services to support the functionality of the various modules. By creating this solid foundation, our clients benefit from rapid releases of additional business functionality
- Establish and leave behind a world class software development process
- Use time-honored and proven techniques for managing large software development projects. These include organizational techniques for structuring teams along functional boundaries and process-oriented techniques such as bottom-up estimation and daily build procedures
- Follow project management methodologies designed to reduce risk, control change, ensure quality, and provide effective communications
- Omega subscribes to and employs the SCRUM incremental methodology for project managing agile software development and software engineering
Omega is committed to supporting and providing quality code, and our internal standards follow widely adopted, industry coding standards. Omega focuses on providing advanced quality coding behavior. This is the primary focus area for development within Omega.
Our Internal Control processes ensure that there is open communication, stringent coding protocol, and clearly defined roles and responsibilities to ensure various benchmarks are met. Project Managers communicate with team members daily and extended team members as appropriate. They are expected to share experience and deliverables with all team members to facilitate knowledge transfer.
Our communication plan identifies the processes, methods, and tools required to ensure timely and appropriate collection, distribution, and management of project information for all project stakeholders. It also describes the team’s strategy for communicating internally among all team members.
The communication plan we use with most projects include, but is not limited to, the following topics:
- Project Stakeholders and their communication requirements
- Types of communications (progress reports, configuration management documentation, release management documentation, project plans, technical specifications, etc.)
- Schedule of meetings, reviews and working sessions and the protocol for each
- Communication type owners
- Project organization/distribution lists/contact lists
- Communication infrastructure requirements (tools, internal and external tracking systems, etc.)
- When project management issues arise, Omega works with team members to resolve issues.
Coding and Development Standards
Omega is committed to supporting and providing quality code, and our internal standards follow widely adopted, industry coding standards. Omega focuses on providing advanced quality coding behaviour. This is the primary focus area for development within Omega. Core values stressed by Project Management include:
- Write code with the next developer in mind
- Write code with the customer in mind
- Don’t come back and fix it later
- Keep the code simple
- Code so the intention is clear
- Proceed cautiously in areas of less expertise
- Learn from your mistakes
- Consistency is critical
- Standards make your life easier
- Build on the work of others; don’t reinvent things
“Quality improvement is a never-ending journey. There is no such thing as a top-quality product or service. All quality is relative. Each day, each product or service is getting relatively better or relatively worse, but it never stands still.”
—Tom Peters Thriving on Chaos, (New York, NY: HarperCollins Publisher, 1987)
Quality can be seen simply as a direct reflection of the stability of a product or viewed as the complex trade-off of delivery, cost, and functionality. However it is defined, quality is something that doesn’t happen accidentally.
Although testing is an important part of successfully delivering projects, quality assurance consists of more than testing the application. Some testing is proactive, such as the test plan and cases built from the business requirements, and some testing is reactive, such as triaging bugs or removing potential obstacles from the team’s way. But in essence, Quality Assurance consists of everything it takes to proactively ensure that the solution delivered satisfies all known business requirements.
Omega Gaming’s Quality Assurance Management Plan includes the project plan, development process and coding standards, issue and risk management, code reviews, and the automated build and test cycle as well as testing done in the stabilization phase. Our Quality Assurance Management plan combines all of these documents, practices, process, and lifecycle tools to ensure effective delivery.
Documentation is a vital but an often unappreciated part of almost every software product. With access to all of our industry best practice processes, templates, and models, Omega thoroughly and professionally documents every piece of software we develop. But our documentation expertise and services go beyond our own products. Organizations have a lot of accumulated knowledge and delivering on-time, targeted information allows you to cut training and support costs, and increase the usability and quality of your products and services.
Using proven methodologies, state of the art content technology, and unparallel experience in technology documentation, our trusted gaming professionals can effectively assist you in the following areas.
- User Assistance Documentation including user guides, API and SDK documentation, hardware installation guides, data books and maintenance documentation
- Training Material including presentations, training kits and eLearning materials
- Marketing Collateral including brochures, whitepapers, case studies, company profiles
- Knowledge Documentation to help organize and record your organization’s technical information and assist with knowledge transfer
If you are interested in any of our products or services, please contact one of our gaming specialists for more information.